|更多 ... More|
國際球壇新聞 INT'L News
2010 IBSF世界21歲以下錦標賽冠軍: Sam Craigie IBSF U21 Snooker C'ship (Letterkenny, Ireland)-FINALS2010-08-10 18:05
2010 IBSF 世界21歲以下錦標賽 - 愛爾蘭
2010 IBSF World Under-21 Snooker
Northwest Snooker Centre
Letterkenny – Ireland
31 July – 10 August 2010
Sam Craigie (ENG) - 2010 IBSF World Under 21 Snooker Champion
冠軍 Champion: Sam Craigie (ENG)
亞軍 1st Runner up : 李行 Li Hang (CHN)
季軍 2nd Runner up: Stephen Craigie (ENG)
殿軍 3rd Runner up: Vincent Muldoon (IRE)
Highest Break: Sam Craigie - 139
Letterkenny is the largest town in County Donegal, Ireland. It is located on the River Swilly. Letterkenny takes its name from the Irish "Leitir Ceanainn" – meaning the "Hillside of the O'Cannons. The town was voted "Best Kept Urban Centre" in the 2007 "Best Kept Town Awards" and "Tidiest Large Urban Centre" in the 2007 Tidy Towns competition. The population of Letterkenny and environs is 17,723 (based on the 2006 census carried out by the CSO), of which 15,062 live in the town and 2,524 live in the town's environs. The town's major employers include the General Hospital (which grew from ST. Con al’s Psychiatric Hospital), Pramerica, and the Department of Social and Family Affairs. The Letterkenny Institute of Technology (LYIT; known locally as the Regional), which is situated east of the town centre on the Port Road, is a centre for engineering, information technology. Letterkenny has a modern community purpose-built leisure and sports complex, comprising of a swimming pool, football pitches as well as sports halls. Gaelic football, rugby and soccer are the most popular sports in the town. The nearest airport is City of Derry airport, which is located about 48 kilometers to the east at Eglinton. Letterkenny is well served by road transport as well and the Weather will be pleasant during the championship period with around 12°C to 19°C.
There is a large cinema complex in the town. Located on Canal Lane, Century Cinema is an eight-screen cinema. An Grianán Theatre, the largest theatre in County Donegal with a seating capacity of 383. Especially at the weekends and particularly for visitors from nearby Derry City, the Main Street, originally the retail centre of the town, has become a centre for popular night clubs and pubs, boosted by the remnants of its old shopping district. Many of the bars / café’s have live music including Traditional Irish, Ballads, Country and Rock bands to suit all tastes. (The minimum age requirement to enter the bars is 18). Also there is a huge range of restaurants and cafes to choose from with world-wide cuisine on menu daily.
The local currency is Euro. There are lots of banks where you can change money but bring your passport as I.D.
Championship: IBSF started World Under-21 Snooker championship in the year 1987 and is conducting almost every year. The last year championship was held in Kish Island, Iran which was won by Noppon Saengkham of Thailand defeating the host country lad Soheil Vahedi in decider frame.
The 2010 World under-21 Snooker championship is being played in Northwest Snooker Club. The championship is expecting participation of around 80 players from all across the world. Entries are now being taken through the IBSF Official website (www.ibsf.info)
The venue has a capacity of 10 tables and 4 practice tables and around 200 spectators can be accommodated. The club also offers wi-fi internet access free of charge to all participants and delegates, various amusement machines and live scoring and streaming will be provided throughout the event. Also some social nights are being planned during the event such as a bowls night and a bar-b-que as well as party nights in some of the many local bars and nightclubs. See www.northwestsnookerclub.com for more details/views of the venue.
Accommodation will be provided at Gallagher's Hotel, Main St, Letterkenny at the rate of 80 per night for a Double Room, or 55 per night for a Single Room.
The newest hotels in Letterkenny, Gallaghers Hotel is centrally located in the heart of bustling town with state of the art facilities including the Ard na gCeapairí Bistro, Inis Meain room which serves a full bar food menu, Mc Carry's bar and top entertainment hotspot, Milan nightclub.
Precautions to be taken
- Players and officials are requested not to travel with any sort of illness, which may prompt Ireland health officials to quarantine and confine them to hospitals.
- For any site tours you may request the host association for proper guidance and arrangements.
- Always wear and display your identity card (provided by the Host Association upon arrival). Without Identity Card you will not be allowed inside the Venue and host association will not be able to recommend you to the security officers.
- Read and make yourself understand the do’s and don’t’s list provided (on arrival) along with your information pack.
- Your luggage and valuables are your responsibility and host association will not be responsible for safe keeping of the same and you are requested to use the safe vault facility available at your hotel and do not trust your valuables to any one.
- Entry to some bars/clubs will require I.D. to be produced.(Passport/ ID card/ Licence). Minimum age for consumption of alcohol is 18.
- Please read carefully all the Instructions, Formats & Rules, and other material provided to you along with your information pack and if any clarifications, you may contact the Tournament Office or Secretariat available at the venue.
- Please cooperate and assist with the tournament officials.
相關新聞 Related Topics
2.香港時間-7小時 = 當地時間
3.所有賽程及資料 PLAYING SCHEDULE & INFORMATION
4.香港隊賽程表 HONG KONG TEAM PLAYING SCHEDULE
5.中國隊賽程表 CHINA TEAM PLAYING SCHEDULE
6.即場計分表 LIVE STREAMING & MATCH SCORE
(選擇枱号傍之Video才可播放 再 login IBSF, 等侯幾秒才按 Click here for LIVE Streaming Choose designated match/Table No. and click Video to play and login IBSF, wait for a few seconds and click to Click here for LIVE Streaming)
香港代表 HONG KONG TEAM PLAYERS:Group D
黃潤誠 Wong Yun Shing